Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Wooo! Getting back into the groove.

It feels good to be getting back into the groove of things again!

I've been baking some. Cupcakes on Sunday, Muffins yesterday. I'm at the point where they aren't pretty, but they sure do taste good, if I can say so myself :-D

The cupcakes on Sunday were a simple yellow recipe with hint of vanilla. I didn't have the stuff on hand do make an icing, so I had to cheat and use a canned icing. I sprinkled sweetened cocoa powder on top.



And they were sooooo good. I ended up eating way to many of these.

And yesterday I made muffins using the To Die for Blueberry Muffins recipe. The topping REALLY makes the muffins good, and they are really light and fluffy. But, the topping also makes it hard to get the muffins out of the muffin pan in one piece, as you can see.. although I had already taken a bite :-D



This is a really good recipe to try, and its pretty easy, too. Perhaps next time Ill just use more Pam when I grease the pan.

Im also knitting one of these purses. Knitting from a non-American pattern is interesting, they don't hold your hand like American patterns do. But I like it so far. I'm not far enough to post a WIP pic yet, but I should be soon.

1 comment:

goosefairy said...

I LOVE the bag. It is exactly (well, almost) the bag I have been looking for! I would probably change the garter stitch strap to seed stitch though.

I have some gorgeous hand-dyed, hand-spun yarn left over that I want to incorporate with some other yarn to make this. So glad you posted the link!

What yarn and color are you using?