Sunday, April 1, 2007

Treading Water

So I got some knitting done without actually accomplishing anything huge this weekend.

First off, I swatched for Eunny's Endpaper Mitts. I had KnitPicks Essentials Hunter Green and Beige in my stash, and I figured I could use those colors. I hit gauge, so I went to get the needles and read through the pattern. And when I took the measurements, I realized the needle size I actually would need would be 3.0 mm. %^&##!!! I had size 2 US, and size 3 US, but size 3.0 mm metric fits nicely inbetween there. So I figured I would set that project aside, and hit the LYS this week to pick up a set of Brittany's in 3.0 mm.

So I got out the yarn that my SO got me for Valentines day, the Rowan Classic Cashsoft DK in Kingfisher and Sage, for the mittens for Knitty's Corazon. On the smaller size needles, like indicated, I hit gauge.

But I didn't have the larger needles, size 4.

%$#^@&.

So I surrendered. The LYS is about a mile away from here (yes, thats very dangerous) so tomorrow I will be going and getting both a size 4 US and 3.0 mm set of DPN's, and I'll be able to do *both* projects.

2 comments:

rohanknitter said...

Only 1 mile away?! Wow!!
That could be dangerous though, you're right!

magnoliasntea said...

How do you live a normal life knowing your lys is only one mile away? Mine is five miles yonder, and everyday I know it's there...

Toni in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
http://foothillsofthegreatsmokymountains.blogspot.com/