Friday, October 19, 2007

WIP's

School has been kicking my butt, but I have managed to fit SOME knitting in.



This is the Celtic Cable Scarf (PDF). In wonderful Cascade 220. At first I was using a cable needle, but then into the second repeat I decided to see if I could remember and successfully cable without a cable needle, and it's working great.



And here's a somewhat decent picture of the Orchid Lace Scarf. I took about 30 different pictures of it, and this is the one that turned out the best so far - anything with a flash at all causes the Sea Silk colors to look garish and you can't see the lace pattern.

So I've just been working on both of these. Tonight I might pick up a pair of socks that need the heel turned, and get that done.

And Socrates got his nails done!



No, that's not nail polish, that's Soft Paws. Putting them on was really simple - I thought he would get crazy like he does when I'm cutting his nails, but he just sat in my lap and watched me. You just put some of the cat-safe glue they give you in the tip, and slide it on. Socrates has been scratching up the boxspring and the corner of the couch - and he has outsmarted everything so far. We Saran-wrapped the boxspring, and pretty soon he would go UNDER the bed to scratch. For about the first 5 minutes he walked around like something was stuck to his feet - that was pretty funny. But he got used to them pretty fast, with just some licking. But they are all still there and secure, and he can't scratch anymore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.