Saturday, September 8, 2007

Drive by post

So I have been working on the Orchid Lace Scarf in Sea Silk. On my Denise circulars. And it wasn't going so well.. I needed better points on the needles. But being a poor college kid, and already having the Denise set and tons of add-ons I have bought for it, I didn't want to invest in Addi Lace needles in a size 6. I know most lace projects are on size 5, etc. So at the LYS I picked up a set of Bryspun circs - size 6, 29 inches, for $6. And the needles are GREAT. I frogged the project since I was only 6 rows in, and it is looking so much better and even. The concave tips work like a charm.

Most of the lace projects I want to knit in my Ravelry queue are knit on size 5's, so I will probably invest in a pair of Addi Turbo Lace needles. But I like knitting with "warm" needles, like wood and bamboo and the Denise. And who knows, if this goes well enough, I just might pick up size 5's in Bryspun.

3 comments:

PinkPorcupine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.