Sunday, August 5, 2007

Cupcakes are good.

I spent all day yesterday revamping the blog layout - so if you read this on bloglines, make sure to make a stop by and check things out!

So I've just been plodding along on the plain vanilla socks. But I do have a recipe to share with y'all.. it's a cupcake that I made last week. Now, unfortunately, they were gone before I could snap any pictures. But they were so good!

Mocha Cupcakes

1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup cold brewed coffee
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 teaspoons cider vinegar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract

In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, coffee, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients; mix well.

Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool.
-

And since I managed to have over 2 pounds of chocolate chips on hand, I threw some of those in, too. I skipped the icing since the chocolate chips in the cupcake gave it that extra sweetness that the icing does. This recipe is one that is definately in my "keeper" files.

No comments: