Wednesday, April 18, 2007

WIP's

Just a quick WIP post.



This is the Fake Isle Hat. I started it this week for Justin, my boyfriend, but last night, just as I was getting into the swing of things, my Denise cord broke! So I hopped on the webpage and ordered more.. I had been needing some more, and didn't feel like going through the hassle of sending some back, so I just ordered a few more short cords. So right now its hanging out on a longer cord. I should get the cords tomorrow or Friday, and then I can start it again. The scissors are to hold it flat for the pic :-D

Today, while waiting around for medical tests, I cast on and started a pair of socks. Typical 64 st plain socks, from Sockotta. Not to pic-worthy yet, but Ill be sure to post some when some progress is made.

And I think I am up to 160 some stitches on the Forest Canopy shawl. I think I add a border at around 195, I believe. I'll have to see.. but its coming along well, and it's very mistake-forgiving.

And soon I need to start a Harry Potter Scarf for my little sister. I've never read a book or seen a movie of it, but my sister dearly loves it. So I was able to find the colors, luckily in Red Heart (so it can be trampled, washed, tugged, and easily replaced, if need be.. she does alot with horses). So soon, as soon as the right size needles are free of their current project, the scarf will be cast on.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention my version of Knitty's Twiggy Tweed. I really liked this pattern, and I needed a spring purse. But I couldn't see using an unfelted wool, I want something machine washable, and the size was just a touch too small. So I went with Bernat Softee Chunky, in dark blue for the main part and bright blue for the accents. It's not the funnest to knit with, but it's knitting up a bit bigger (which should be a perfect size) and it should be a bit more "beat-up-able".

No comments: