Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Spring is in the air

So things have been a little interesting around here. It's spring break, and being a college kid, I should be partying hardy, but that really isn't my thing. Plus, I have the chest cold from hell, and it doesn't want to go away. So I've pretty much just been working on yarn stuff, doing stuff for school, and chugging Robitussin. The fun never stops, does it?

I did make some progress on my Danica scarf, which is made with Paton's SWS in Natural Geranium. This yarn is great to work with, and it works up in entrelac like a dream:



You can excuse my hand in there, apparently on Robitussin I need extra balance just to take a picture :-D

But, there has been progress! Sheep has a webpage now: www.sheepofadifferentcolor.com . It's not officially "off the ground" yet, but things are on there, and I will be posting yarn for sale on there as I dye it. I have also ordered some merino sock yarn to dye, and a couple books to help me design patterns, so you guys should see some new stuff pop up on there soon.

And this, ladies and gents, is ambition!:


That is 8, count them 8, skeins of kitchen cotton yarn that I dyed this afternoon. They have to cure like that in plastic wrap to let the soda ash and dye do their chemical processes-thing, then I wash them. I did some reds, browns, oranges, yellows, and a green. One hank I just threw every color I mixed that day together, so it should be interesting what I end up with! It looks like I might have some 70s grandma-sofa flashback thing going on, but we won't know until we rinse them out.

No comments: